The manor house first mentioned in 1467 has been associated with the von Derfeldens, von Rosens and von Hoyningen-Huene's. At the end of the 19th century, the earlier main building was reconstructed into a luxurious Neo-Gothic
building, of which a massive corner tower and a couple of wall corners now remain.
By the historical distribution the manor was in Ambla Parish in Järvamaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Tapa Municipality in Lääne-Virumaa County.