|The estate was first mentioned in 1497. A stone vassal fortress was located on the site in the Middle Ages. Later on, the manor was owned by the von Paykülls and von Dehns, and the medieval building was reconstructed in order to lengthen it. In 1944, the manor lay in ruins. The medieval fortress lodgings were cleared out and later refurbished.|
By the historical distribution the manor was in Jõhvi Parish in Virumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Kohtla Municipality in Ida-Virumaa County.