The estate was first mentioned in 1531, it has belonged to the von Taubes, von Budbergs, Edler von Rennenkampffs, but also to the Knighthood of Estonia (Estland).
While in possession of the latter, it was used as a school for noble ladies. The older wing of this complex with an inner courtyard was completed as a Late-Baroque piece around 1770; the other three wings were added at the end of the 18th century. The estate was thoroughly rebuilt in the 20th century.
By the historical distribution the manor was in Viru-Jaagupi Parish in Virumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Vinni Municipality in Lääne-Virumaa County.