|The estate was first mentioned in 1465, when it belonged to the von Maydells. It was later related to the noble families of von Wrangell and von Löwis of Menar. The aristocratic two-storey Baroque main building was constructed during 1764-67. It now houses a school and also provides some tourism services.|
By the historical distribution the manor was in Lüganuse Parish in Virumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Sonda Municipality in Ida-Virumaa County.