|The estate was first mentioned in 1348. While owned by the von Tiesenhausens in the 1520s–1530s, a small roundish tower fortress was erected on the estate (preserved, and restored in 1974). Later, the estate belonged to the owners of the Kolga manor, the de la Gardie's and von Stenbocks. A single-storey stone main building erected in the 18th century was rebuilt in the spirit of Art Noveau at the beginning of the 20th century. At present, the manor houses the Kuusalu rural municipality government. Contact (cafe in tower): ph. +372 607 3434, +372 520 8079.|
By the historical distribution the manor was in Kuusalu Parish in Harjumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Kuusalu Municipality in Harjumaa County.